Have you ever been out on a walk in your neighborhood and wondered how many of the plants and trees you see are edible or medicinal? Would you like to make a stronger connection with nature? Wait no longer Yoga of the Mind is partnering with Kate Armstrong a lifetime urban forager and herbalist to offer a series of workshops that will reveal the bouquet of food and medicines that are around you every day. These will be hands-on workshops that will get you started foraging right away.
You can start your journey to becoming an Urban Forager and Herbalist with our workshop series. You can pick and choose which topics you are interested in or take a $20 discount and sign up for all of them.
Your workshop leader Kate Armstrong started her lifelong plant education with her mother who came from a long line of farmers, plant people, and Smokey Mt. folk. For example, spider webs will stop bleeding if laid over a cut, burdock or plantain leaves are good bandages or a little feverfew to relieve a headache. Kate brings her easy interactive style of teaching to empower you to become an Urban Forager too!
Each individual Workshop is $30
Purchase all 4-workshops now and save $20 off your total purchase.
Workshops Being Offered:
- Sat. Sept. 22 | Seeing ordinary urban plants in a whole new light: Finding food and medicine in the city.
- Thur. Oct. 11 | Drinking Tea for a Reason: Using everyday herbs and plants to make your own personal teas.
- Sat. Nov 10 | Making salve out of common plants. Demystifying healing balms and salves making them in your kitchen.
- Sun. Dec. 2 | We will make popular herbal gifts for giving and entertaining during the holiday season.
Workshop Materials will include.
- Sample Plants
- Helpful handouts to support you at home
- Yummy and healing tea recipes
- Make your own lip balm
- Herbal gift ideas for the holidays