Have you ever been out on a walk in your neighborhood and wondered how many of the plants and trees you see are edible or medicinal? Would you like to make a stronger connection with nature? Wait no longer Yoga of the Mind is partnering with Kate Armstrong a lifetime urban forager and herbalist to offer a series of workshops that will reveal the bouquet of food and medicines that are around you every day. These will be hands-on workshops that will get you started foraging right away.
Your workshop leader Kate Armstrong started her lifelong plant education with her mother who came from a long line of farmers, plant people, and Smokey Mt. folk. For example, spider webs will stop bleeding if laid over a cut, burdock or plantain leaves are good bandages or a little feverfew to relieve a headache. Kate brings her easy interactive style of teaching to empower you to become an Urban Forager too!
Each individual Workshop is $30
Workshops Being Offered:
- Sat. Nov 10 | Making salve out of common plants. Demystifying healing balms and salves making them in your kitchen.
- Plus: Drinking Tea for a Reason: Using everyday herbs and plants to make your own personal and holiday gift teas.
- Sun. Dec. 2 | We will make popular herbal gifts for giving and entertaining during the holiday season.
Workshop Materials will include.
- Sample Plants
- Helpful handouts to support you at home
- Yummy and healing tea recipes
- Make your own lip balm
- Herbal gift ideas for the holidays